I AM A...


If you are a Food Stamp (SNAP) recipient ages 16-59, SkillUP is here to offer free help. This is a voluntary program to help Food Stamp recipients get free help with skills, training, and employer connections to get a job or a better job.

Current Programs Offered:

  • Customer Service/Support
  • Digital Literacy

Contact Us:
State Technical College of Missouri
Business & Industry Department
One Technology Drive
Linn, MO 65051
Email: frances.boswell@statetechmo.edu
Phone: 573.897.5283

Additional Information

Do you need a job or want to find a better job?

SkillUP coaches know employers who are ready to hire you.

Do you want to go to a training?

SkillUP can pay for the training you can’t afford. Classes are offered that work around your schedule and can be finished in as little as a few weeks. Employers are waiting to hire students as soon as the training is finished.

Do you need to brush up on a few skills?

If you need help with your resume, we can help.If you want help on answering those tough interview questions, we can help with that too

Ready to go to work, but can’t get there?

SkillUP coaches are there to help you.

Have a job lined up, you can’t buy those uniforms or other items you need for your first day?

A SkillUP coach is ready to talk to you.

What else can SkillUP do?

SkillUP can also help you when you are going to work or training with things such as:

  • Child care
  • Transportation expenses
  • Work expenses

Do Food Stamp (SNAP) recipients have to participate in SkillUP?

No. However, Able Bodied Adults without Dependents need to complete hours to continue to receive Food Stamp benefits, but this can be done by providing information to FSD or by participating in SkillUP.

An Able Bodied Adult without Dependents (ABAWD) is a Food Stamp (SNAP) recipient between the age of 18-49 years who does not have children in their household under the age of 18 OR are not:

  • Unable to work due to an illness, injury or disability
  • Pregnant
  • Full-time students
  • Required to care for an ill or incapacitated household member
  • Receiving unemployment (in any state)
  • Attending a drug or alcohol Treatment Program
  • Homeless

ABAWDs must participate in work or training for at least 80 hours per calendar month, or they will only receive Food Stamp benefits for a total of three (3) months from January 2016 through December 2018. Effective January 1, 2019, ABAWDs who lost benefits due to not meeting work requirements are once again eligible for benefits if he/she meets all other eligibility criteria.If you are an ABAWD who is already in work or training, you can contact the Family Support Division at 1-855-FSD-INFO (1-855-373-4636) or visit a Family Support Division Resource Center to see if this meets the requirement. Hours can also be met through participation in the SkillUP Program.

The SkillUP Program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS).

I am a... a...