FAQs for Parents and Families

State Tech is here to address questions and concerns regarding your student. Many of the questions asked most frequently by parents are listed below. If you can’t find the answer you need, please contact the Admissions department at Email or call 573.897.5000. If we cannot give you an immediate answer, we will work to connect you with those at State Tech who can provide assistance and support.


  • How does my student schedule a tour of campus?

Please call admissions at 800-743-8324, submit the online tour request form found HERE, or email us at admissions@statetechmo.edu

  • Can my student observe a class or lab?

Yes! Please call admissions at 800-743-8324 or email us at admissions@statetechmo.edu

  • What is the Accuplacer test?

The Accuplacer is a computerized, untimed test to determine skills in reading, writing and math. It usually takes between 1-2 hours in duration, with scores provided immediately upon completion. The Accuplacer may be taken multiple times. State Tech will accept booth ACT and/or Accuplacer scores. Visit the TESTING CENTER for more information.

  • How can we schedule an Accuplacer test?

Testing is Monday-Friday from 8:00am – 3:00pm; however, prospective students must schedule their own appointment. A fee of $20.00 and a photo ID is required to take the Accuplacer. Outside calculators are not allowed for the algebra portion of the Accuplacer. However, the test will provide an electronic calculator on the screen throughout the test when deemed necessary. Students will also be provided with blank paper and a pencil for calculations. Students living a distance from State Tech may request a remote test at a location closer to home. Visit the TESTING CENTER or call 800-743-8324 to schedule your appointment.

  • How much do student ID’s cost?

The first student ID is free and then it is $2 for each lost ID reprint.



  • Will my student’s courses transfer?

For questions involving transfer credit please click HERE for the MDHE CORE 42 website.


Academic Support

  • How does my student get their State Tech transcript?

Official Transcript – Please submit the Transcript Request Form that is located under the Academics tab on our website at statetechmo.edu.

  • How does my student get their class schedule?

They may print the schedule from their EagleOnline account. Please find detailed instructions HERE.

  • Does the Academic Resource Center (ARC) tutor all subjects?

The ARC only tutors general education classes. Tutors for technical program classes are available upon request through each department chair. For more information on the ARC click HERE. We also have a full service library available to students. For more information on the library click HERE.

  • Do you help students find jobs?

Yes, we provide lifetime career services. The college hosts a Career Expo every year that allows students to visit with over 170 prospective employers.  The college has an online job search system available for students and alumni to search for jobs and connect with employers that are hiring our graduates.  In addition, the college provides assistance in finding part-time jobs. For more information about our Career Services department click HERE.


Financial Aid and Planning

  • How does my student receive their A+ and what does A+ pay for?

If you meet the A+ eligibility requirements, you must have a final High School Transcript with the A+ designation sent to the State Tech Admissions Office. If you have attended a college after High School graduation, a final college transcript is also required. Students must complete a FAFSA to receive A+. The A+ Scholarship pays for standard tuition and fees that are required for your degree. It does not cover fees that are program or course specific, books, tools, supplies, or living expenses. More information regarding the A+ Scholarship can be found HERE.

  • Are there scholarships available for students?

Yes, the State Tech Foundation provides over 30 privately sponsored scholarships. These scholarships are available to full-time students enrolling at State Tech.  Scholarship guidelines and application can be found HERE. The scholarship deadline is March 15 unless otherwise noted.

  • How does my student apply for scholarships, grants, and/or student loans?

The State Tech Foundation Office offers many scholarships for our students. Information and the application for these scholarships can be found HERE. The first step to apply for state and federal grants and/or student loans is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is completed at fafsa.gov. Be sure to list State Tech’ school code (004711). Students and parents will have to create an FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov/ to login and sign the FAFSA. It is important to keep your username and password for future reference. For any questions about Financial Aid click HERE.

  • Will Financial Aid pay for everything?

Financial Aid eligibility is determined based on a student’s FAFSA results, grade level, and cost of attendance as determined by the Financial Aid Office. Once you are admitted into a program and have a completed FAFSA application on file, the Financial Aid Office will determine your eligibility and create a Financial Aid Award Offer for you. This information will be available through your EagleOnline account. You will need to compare your financial aid to your charges to determine where you stand financially. For any questions about Financial Aid click HERE.

  • Do I have to do a FAFSA every year?

Yes, each year you plan on being enrolled in college you will need to complete a FAFSA application. The FAFSA becomes available in October of each year and State Tech’s priority deadline is February 1st.

  • Where can I find the details of my student charges?
    1. To access your statement please visit EagleOnline https://eagleonline.statetechmo.edu,
    2. Click on the Paying for College tab at the top
    3. On the left side of the page there is a link to My Student Account
    4. Once there, you should see a box, My Account Info – Pay Online
  • Are there any other loan options?

If the federal and state financial aid you qualify for is not enough to cover your educational expenses there are some additional loan options. Information regarding these additional loan options can be found HERE.

  • What is a payment plan?

Our Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan Option is an alternative to large annual or term payments and helps limit borrowing. Payment plan forms must be received by the first day of the semester and balances must be paid in full before the end of the semester.  Tuition, fees, meal plans, and campus housing are eligible expenses for the payment plan. Payments are due the first day of each month and a 2% late fee added if payment is not received by the 15th. To complete the payment plan form visit the cashiers office click HERE for more information.

  • What if my student has a credit balance on the account?

If your account has a credit balance this amount can be refunded to you and a check will be ready at the cashier’s office 4-6 weeks after the semester begins.  For refund dates visit EagleOnline and click on the Institutional Calendar.  If you would like to roll your credit balance to the next semester please complete a Credit Authorization Form at the cashier’s office.


Housing and Meal Plans

  • What are my option for students housing? 

State Tech offers campus housing for 144 students. Our 9 cottages each contain 8 dorm rooms that can be occupied as single or double occupancy. For more information visit our on-campus housing page.

State Tech also provides a list of off-campus housing in the community. Click HERE for an list of off-campus options.

  • How do we apply for on-campus housing?

You must submit a housing agreement, roommate matching form, and a $350 security deposit to reserve a spot one the wait list. Visit HERE for more information and a link to all the required forms.

  • Who much does living on-campus cost?

For a complete list of our on-campus options and the cost associated visit our on-campus housing page.

  • What comes in a dorm room?

All rooms come furnished with: a Microwave/fridge, two bunkable beds, two desks with built in lamps, two chairs, closet, and a dresser. A commons building is also available to residents and their guests. It provides residents with access to mailboxes, coin-operated washers and dryers, vending machines, TV, full-service kitchen, pool table, ping pong table, and restrooms. Outdoor lighting in the housing community is generous and emergency phone access is available outside of the commons. Security cameras are also available throughout the housing complex.

Near the commons building is a park with basketball goals, volleyball courts, BBQ grills, horseshoe pits, and picnic tables.

  • What is a State Tech meal plan?

Meal plans can be purchased during the first two weeks of each semester, allowing the student to eat by using their student ID card.  Depending on the length of the student’s semester and how often you would like to eat we have different meal plan options.  Please click HERE for more details.

  • Are students required to purchase a meal plan if they live on-campus?

Yes,  All students who chose on-campus housing are required to purchase a 14 meal per week meal plan.

  • How do your request a roommate?

A roommate matching form can be found HERE.

  • What should you bring to campus on move-in weekend?

What to know what you should bring to campus? Click HERE for some ideas.


Extracurricular Activities

  • What social activities does the college organize outside of the classroom?

We have a variety of clubs to choose from, there is a club for everyone – leadership, honors and program specific. Joining a club is a great way to meet new people and get involved.  Student Government Association (SGA) and the other student clubs host various activities throughout the year.  All activities are free to students and most of them have prizes and provide food.  There are also intramural sports every week.  We offer an assortment of sports throughout the year including individual and team sports. The best way to get involved is to stay informed. You can stay informed by checking your student email, signing up for State Tech Alerts and attending SGA monthly meetings!  Get involved by joining clubs and volunteering your time!  Participating in activities in not only easy, it is fun!

  • How much does it cost to play intramurals?

Intramurals are free to all students, faculty, and staff! How cool is that!

  • Is the Game Center inside the Activity Center free for students?

Yep! The Game Center comes complete with video game systems like the XBOX and the PS4, pool tables, ping pong tables, and arcade games and it is all included for FREE with your student membership.

Health and Wellness

  • How does my student become a member of the Activity Center?

Membership is included in the Student Activity fee for all full time students. Click HERE for a look at everything the Activity Center has to offer.



For a complete list of all State Tech events, be sure to visit our events page!