I AM A...

ADA Accessibility

State Technical College of Missouri is committed to providing equal opportunities for students of special populations in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Individuals are hereby notified that this institution does not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, religion, sex, age or handicap in admission or access to facilities and programs; or to equal treatment/employment in its programs and activities. Any persons having inquiries concerning STC compliance with such regulations should contact the Dean of Student Services by phone at 573.897.5193 or by mail at:

State Technical College of Missouri
One Technology Drive
Linn, MO 65051

Special Needs

After being admitted to the College, the student may request services needed to assist him/her with reaching educational and vocational goals while attending State Tech.  These services are coordinated through Academic Support Services in the Academic Resource Center (ARC) located in the Information Technology Center (ITC). The type of Special Services made available is dependent upon documented expressed need. Accommodations for students with special needs are documented through the Vocational Resource Educator (VRE) and the Academic Resource Educator. If a student has a documented disability or impairment that prevents him/her from completing tests or other assignments in class; they will assist the student in documenting the need for special testing or other accommodations; in either an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or a 504 Plan. Once documented; tests or assignments may be completed in the Academic Resource Center, if prior arrangements are made with the involved instructor(s). Tutoring is usually noted in the IEP or 504 Plan for Learning Disabled or other academically challenged students. Physical, visual, auditory, social/emotional and educational skill handicaps are also noted in the IEP or 504 Plan.

Note: It is the student’s responsibility to activate the IEP or 504 Plan and request accommodations of instructors.  Accommodations can not, and will not be activated at the request of parents or any individual other than the student.

Accommodations may also include the use of special equipment, such as voice-activated word processing software (Dragon Naturally Speaking) or a document camera. Additional resource materials are available to assist the student in the area of English as a Second Language (ESL). Other resources are utilized to accommodate a variety of learning styles and learning disabilities; including consultants, interpreters and special readers or note takers.

Any physical accommodations and/or any issue of general accessibility needed should be reported to the VRE. If a student finds that his/her academic program at State Tech is not accessible, information should be reported to the Academic Resource Educator and to Clinical Counselor/VRE. It is advised that the student also notify the Clinical Counselor/VRE, College Counselor, the Dean of Student Services, the Dean of Instruction and his/her Department Chair/advisor. As needs are reported; every effort is made to respond in a timely manner to make programs accessible.

I am a... a...